What is a White Asparagus?
- A chef’s favorite, White asparagus tastes as delicate as it looks. It is grown without sunlight so it never develops the green coloration.
How to Eat
- Peel liberally as the skin is thicker and tougher than the green variety. Enjoy fresh, or blanched, boiled, sautéed, stir-fried, or grilled.
- Good source of vitamins A and C.
How to Choose
- Choose fresh, firm spears with closed, compact tips.
How to Store
- Keep refrigerated up to 10 days.
When are they in season?
- June through August
Where are they grown?
- Product of Peru