What is a Radicchio?
- Radicchio is Italian red-leaf chicory with burgundy-red leaves and white ribs. Visually resembling a small head of cabbage, the leaves are firm yet tender and have a slight bitter flavor.
How to Eat
- Use fresh in salad or for lettuce wraps. Radicchio’s sweetness is brought out when cooked. Grill, sauté with vegetables, or purée for soup.
- Rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, and fiber.
How to Choose
- Choose heads with smooth white ribs with no wilted leaves.
How to Store
- Refrigerate up to 1 week.
When are they in season?
Where are they grown?
- Product of U.S.A. and Mexico
Bacon-Wrapped Radicchio with Apple Cider Vinaigrette Roasting tames radicchio’s bitterness which perfectly complements smoky bacon. A zippy-sweet dressing ties everything together in a lovely, delicious bundle. Ingredients 8 slices bacon or pancetta 2 heads radicchio, outer leaves trimmed, quartered 1/4 … Continue reading
Grilled Angelcots® Arugula Salad with Country Ham and Burrata Ingredients 1 pound Angelcots®, halved and pitted 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing Salt and pepper, to taste 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice 1 small head Radicchio, … Continue reading
Italian Radicchio Slaw with Bacon Vinaigrette Ingredients: 1 head Frieda’s Radicchio, shredded (3 ½ cups) 3 cups shredded green cabbage 2/3 cup Frieda’s Pignolias or slivered almonds, toasted Bacon Vinaigrette Bacon Vinaigrette: 6 slices raw bacon, chopped ½ cup apple … Continue reading
Banana Ambrosia Salad with Sherry Dressing Ingredients: Radicchio or red leaf lettuce, torn Romaine lettuce, torn ¾ cup Frieda’s Dried Starfruit, finely chopped 1 Asian Pear, thinly sliced 1-2 Manzano, Burro, or Red Bananas, peeled and sliced 1 large orange, … Continue reading